Thursday, January 31, 2008

What is TDF?

This is the part where I speak of the origins of "TDF". I suppose it would be appropriate if I were to describe it in my first post, but my life is spontaneous and I do not observe time lines when I have an idea. TDF originated in High School when I was a freshman, dubbed "The Daily Fucked" as a parody to the local newspaper called The Daily Press which many people considerably called it The Daily Stress or The Daily Depressed anyways. TDF was quite simply a compilation of jokes and satire found across the Internet, spanning from Blonde and Redneck jokes, to more personally the social and political events in school, ie, teachers, classes and rumors. I never really gave it much thought into why I designed this at first, in 20/20 hindsight I suppose it was a ploy to gain some level of popularity given that I was new to the school and do the local area. It more or less started as a Word document that I would fumble with while I was at home and then print out roughly 10 copies to take with me to school. I was fortunate that the teachers never found it on me, and to cover my own ass in case of accidental disclosure I never put my real name on these articles. Starting out as a daily print out, I became a little lazy and then became a weekly print out, then monthly. After my freshman year I had forgotten about this little hobby until my senior year when I stumbled upon one of my old documents on the computer. I decided to create one more copy and showed it to a few old friends from my first year. So basically that's the history in a nutshell, not very intelligent but certainly a fun activity at the time. I've titled this blog "TDF" mainly due to the randomness of the original creation and my random outbreaks which I like to share on here.

No comments: